If you are interested in getting financial grant assistance to help you do business online then then you need to book a place at the information morning being held in Dungarvan on Thursday the 26th of June. As part of the National Digital Strategy the Local Enterprise Office are hosting a Digital Voucher Information morning in Dungarvan Enterprise Centre, from 8am to 1pm (free of charge).
The Digital voucher process is competitive and there are €62,500 worth of vouchers available in Waterford for this Pilot phase. In order to be eligible to apply for a voucher, you need to book a place on the Digital Voucher Information Morning in Dungarvan, Waterford. Places are limited to 50 so book now.
Why the Initiative?
According to the LEO, there is an “ever increasing towards online spending it is estimated that only 23% of small Irish businesses are engaged in any meaningful way in eCommerce sales… It is now believed that of online purchases made in Ireland that 70% of these are done in overseas markets.”
With this in mind, The National Digital Strategy aims to get a further 2,000 businesses trading online by the end of 2015. The Department of Communications, Energy & Natural Resources (DCENR) has launched an Online Trading Voucher Programme and has teamed up with the Local Enterprise Offices to deliver this to Irish business. Following a successful first pilot phase in Dublin City, a wider pilot will now take place and businesses from Waterford can now apply.
Who can Apply?
Businesses in Waterford that wish to trade online or uprgrade their existing online presence are encouraged to attend the information morning to learn more about the scheme and to become eligible to apply for the voucher.
According to the LEO: “There is now an urgency to ensure that businesses recognise that this is happening and that they are encouraged and supported to correctly respond to this digital reality.”
What can the vouchers be used for?
- IT consultation;
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website;
- Implementing Online payments or booking systems;
- Purchase of Internet related software;
- Purchase of online advertising (this purchase cannot make up any more than 30% of approved Voucher costs and can only be drawn down in one payment phase);
- Developing an app (or multiplatform webpages);
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy i.e. Social media marketing;
- Consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy;
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an on-line trading activity.
What Assistance is Available
- Vouchers will be available to a maximum value of €2,500 or 50% of eligible expenditure (Net of VAT), whichever is the lesser;
- Voucher approval must be gained prior to incurring any expense;
- Own labour is not an eligible expense;
- Third party costs only will be considered;
- All third party/supplier invoices must contain proper business details (e.g. Tax and Business Registration details).
If you are a local business and have an eCommerce/Booking/Sales element to your web site, you need to attend this information morning. Book your place at the Digital Voucher Information Morning in Dungarvan, Waterford, today.
Please share/pass on this post to anybody you know that is thinking of building a site urgently as places are limited. If you’re not in you can’t win.