Considering the weather we’ve had over the past few weeks, here’s an old post about Waterford Beaches that I dug up from UpTheDeise.com (a site that I ran a few years ago…)
Waterford Beaches listed from East Waterford to West Waterford
- Passage East A small beach with a lovely view of hook head in a lovely little village.
- Woodstown One of Waterford’s favourite beaches with good night life, camping sites and beautiful wooded scenery, the Harristown passage tomb is also situated close by.
- Fornaught Close to Woodstown this is a favourite for locals.
- Crayden A lesser known beach. Small with character.
- Dunmore East Waterford’s biggest fishing village and the festivities in the summer are second to none, several small but beautiful beaches.
- Portally Small cove between Dunmore and Tramore
- Rathmoylan Lovely cove. Home of the famous eggs
- Ballymacaw A very nice cove for swimming in, very long inlet, very unique.
- Saleens/Backstrand Beautiful views of the sand hills and lovely walks. Good fishing too and great for cockels when the tide is out.
- Tramore Probably the finest bay in Ireland and the most popular. Sand dunes, beach for miles, arcades and amusements, pubs and large town, this is Waterford’s second biggest town as well as the centre for summer recreation in the south east.
- Newtown Cove A small cove as you head towards the metal man, good fishing and diving in an area called the Guillemine.
- Garrarus A fine beach not far from Tramore but not sign posted. You will get here just after Fenor and before Kilfarrasy.
- Kilfarrasy Another gorgeous beach with amazing scenery 😉 Lovely clear water too.
Annestown A beautiful beach in a lovely small village, spectacular views of Dunhill Castle and a lime kiln at the car park.
- Knockane A lesser known, but beautiful beach between Annestown and Boatstrand.
- Boatstrand A small beach with a great peer for the kids to have fun off. Very safe. Before you get here from Annestown the view of the coast is breath taking. Very safe for swimming and lovely when the tide is in.
- Kilmurrin A small beach on the main road to Bunmahon. Beautiful sunsets can be taken in here on an evening coastal drive.
- Bunmahon An absolute jewel of a beach with lovely sand along the beautiful South East coastal drive.
- Tra na mBó Small beach with wonderful natural standing stone and lions head island just next to Bunmahon
- Ballydowane Impressive cliffs and lovely scenic beach. Be careful of rip tides!
- Ballyvooney Stony little cove with character.
- Stradbally Beautiful village, beautiful beach with loads and loads of sand and a lovely river along it’s side. Great for the kids, better for swimming when the tide is in fully.
- Clonea Another huge beach with hotel and amenities. Very popular with people from Dungarvan and West Waterford.
- Helvic (Ballynagaul)
- Muggort’s Bay
- Ballymacart Cove
- Ballyquinn A lesser known beach with some fantastic beach rock formations. Lovely long sandy beach.
- Ardmore East The second of Ardmore’s long sandy beaches
- Ardmore Bay Beautiful beach with some extra surprises in terms of history.
- Goat Island One of the gems of the Waterford coast, a gorgeous little beach!!!
- Whiting Bay (2 beaches) Two long sandy beaches with beautiful surroundings
- Caliso Bay Lovely fishing beach with pretty scenery and an exotic name
Go forth and explore your county and if I’ve missed any please comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org