No Products Displaying under Manufacturers in Prestashop 1.5

This issue might help someone out there that had the same problem as I did when upgrading a shop from an older version of Prestashop.

I upgraded from 1.3.x to 1.5.x using the manual upgrade whereby I copied all images across and migrated the database etc. When I performed the upgrade to 1.5 all looked well until I clicked on manufacturers and no products where showing.  The message I kept getting was:

“No products for this manufacturer.”

From the back office all products were associated with the correct manufacturer so it seemed to be a front end issue.

After tearing my hair out and comparing the database tables with a sample prestashop install I started trying all sorts of settings at the back office. In the end it turned out to be a simple filter issue.

I went into preferences->products and scrolled down to the pagination section and changed the filter from manufacturers to product name and it worked a charm.

filter

Essentially what seemed to be happening is when manufacturer was clicked the default pagination was set to manufacturer and this was causing a filter issue.  Changing it to product name solved that issue and now the products display when manufacturer items are clicked.

2 thoughts on “No Products Displaying under Manufacturers in Prestashop 1.5

  1. Orlando

    MAN!!! FINALLY!!!! i surfed the web trying to get this error corrected.
    THANKS!!! 2 days wasted searching everything from php to tpl errors.

    Reply

Leave a Reply to Orlando Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *