Cian has delivered several well received presentations on various topics including social media, search engine optimisation, website development and always tries to get his point across by sharing concrete examples of his practical experience.
In September 2012, Cian was a guest speaker at the South East Chambers Social Media Conference where Cian spoke about the social media landscape, his experiences of Facebook in particular and shared tips and suggestions on making content go ‘viral’.
If you would like to discuss booking Cian for a public speaking engagement please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cian completed his B.Sc. in applied computing from WIT in 1999 and won best project of the year for building a physics circuit board simulator for the web. He then spent 8 years as a researcher/software engineer at the world renowned TSSG @ WIT, where he worked on cutting edge projects using the latest technologies in the areas of text messaging, instant messaging, social media, 3D and more. Cian lead the writing of several successful project proposal submissions, which brought in significant funding to WIT through Enterprise Ireland and EU sources. One of his proposals “IM Enabled” ranked 1st out of 70 proposals across Europe and raised over 1M in funding.
In 2007, Cian decided to follow his dream and start his own business and took part in the SEEPP programme. He graduated with a PG Dip in Enterprise Management in 2008 and won best startup at the South East Enterprise awards that year. Cian has been running UTD Web Design successfully since then.
Being self employed has allowed Cian to complete many personal projects that would not have been possible without this leap of faith including:
- Construction of the successful slang.ie website/mobile website,receiving over 30,000 unique visitors a month
- Publishing 5 books from the content submitted to slang.ie including “For Focal Sake! A 32 County Guide to Irish Slang” which sold well nationally and is still selling well online.
- Running a popular discussion forum and several blogs including UpTheDeise.com
- Assembling the 1848 Tricolour Committee and co-founding the 1848 Tricolour Celebration in Waterford to celebrate the first raising of the Irish flag at 33 the Mall
- Establishing the Waterford Gives a Shirt Social Media campaign to try and get more focus on Waterford City’s needs
- Delivering training to local businesses via the Local Enterprise Board